Jay Bryan Cohen (Mr.)
No. 16th Floor, Phnom Penh Tower, #445, Monivong Blvd, Sangkat Boeung Pralit, Khan 7 Makara, Phnom Penh.
(855) 17 875 723
(855) 23 964 215
Education and Professional Membership
- JD, Washington University School of Law
- MA, Washington University School of Law
- BA, Emory University
- Partner and Director, Tilleke & Gibbins Cambodia
- Commercial arbitrator of NCAC
- Represented a client on the provision of a USD 500,000 convertible loan to a Cambodian water authority. Work involved extensive investigations into the holding company and four subsidiary water companies, reviewing and providing extensive input on the loan agreement, and advising on the successful completion of the loan.
- Advised multinational clients on the acquisition of oil and gas blocks in Cambodia, Vietnam, Kazakhstan, and the United Kingdom.
- Represented a major global energy company in negotiating the terms of a transnational gas pipeline in Southeast Asia.
Drafted and advised on the service and process agreements for one of Asia’s largest refineries.
- Drafted license and service agreements for telecom platforms in Indonesia, Israel, Kazakhstan, The Netherlands, Thailand, the United States, and Vietnam.
- Advised on and drafted original design manufacturing transactions for a major global consumer electronics company for the production of mobile phones.
- Advised banks and Fortune 500 companies on know your customer and anti-corruption requirements in Southeast Asia.
- Drafted and advised on loan and security agreements, and banking opinions in Cambodia for international banks.
- Advised real estate developers on all aspects of real estate development projects from initial structuring issues, land acquisition, security issues, real estate development rules, condominium management rules and commercial agreements with buyers.
- Acted as legal advisor to the administrator in the first insolvency proceeding filed in Cambodia for Nautisco Seafood Manufacturing.
- Represented creditor and participated in the creditor’s committee in connection with Cambodia’s second insolvency proceeding for Mfone.
English & Chinese