NCAC was established by Law on Commercial Arbitration promulgated by Royal Decree No. NS/RKM/0506/010 dated 05 May 2006. In pursuant to such law, the Royal Government of Cambodia issued Sub-Decree No. 124 ANKr.PK dated 12 August 2009 on the Organization and Operation of the National Commercial Arbitration Centre and Sub-decree No. 182 ANKr.PK dated 31 December 2010 on the Amendments of the Sub-Decree No. 124 ANKr.PK. The Initial Arbitrator Selection Committee was created by Prakas of Ministry of Commerce No. 223 MOC/SM2009 dated 12 October 2009.
Strategy 1: Become Self-Sufficient
• Diversify financial resources
• Enhance case management skills
• Create more valuable services to users
Strategy 2: Stronger Arbitration Community
• Increase greater appreciation of NCAC’s roles
• Deepen collaboration with all stakeholders
• Increase pipeline
Strategy 3: Integrate into International Community
• Increase international engagement and presence
• Increase greater internationalism
Strategy 4: Sustainable Development and Operation
• Lay foundation for sustainable development of the centre and arbitration as alternative dispute resolution
• Innovate and invest in human resources and working tools
- To achieve high user satisfaction through excellent services, state-of-the-art facilities and effective implementation of regulations and rules.
- To enhance the understanding of arbitration through collaboration with all stakeholders.
- To attain wide international presence by contributing to the development of harmonized dispute resolution mechanisms beyond national boundaries.