The Mekong Royal (National Road 6A),
#120, St. M09, Sangkat Prek Leap,
Khan Chroy Changvar, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
012 637 642
San Kiri is Commercial Arbitrator at National Commercial Arbitration Center (NCAC) and Associate at R&T Sok & Heng Law Office in Cambodia. Kiri is also a Lecturer of Law on International Commercial Arbitration and Banking Law, and Former Coach for Vis East Moot in Hong Kong at Royal University of Law and Economics (RULE).
Kiri has practiced in commercial and corporate, real estate, and banking and finance in a leading law firm in Cambodia since 2014. He is also a lecturer in Banking Law,
International Commercial Arbitration and former coach in Willem C. Vis (East) Moot in Hong Kong for the Royal University of Law and Economics.
Kiri’s areas of expertise include banking and finance law, corporate and commercial law, land law, contract law, investment law, secured transaction law and international commercial arbitration law.
- Master of Commercial Law (LL.M) from the University of Melbourne, Australia
- Master of Public Administration (MPA), from the Royal University of Law and Economics, Cambodia
- Bachelor of Law (LL.B) from the Royal University of Law and Economics, Cambodia
- Bachelor of Computer Science (BSc) from the Royal University of Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Attending professional commercial arbitration training course organized by the National Commercial Arbitration Centre (NCAC) in Cambodia.
- Undertaken short courses in Drafting Clearer Contracts and Australian Legal Process and Legal Institutions in Melbourne Law School, Australia.
- A member (MCIArb) at Charted Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) based in London, United Kingdom.
- Commercial Arbitrator, Legal Associate and Lecturer of Law
- Assisted and advised foreign bank in relation to the review of standard documents and forms used by its branch in Cambodia and preparation of loan and security documents based on the bank’s standard forms for corporate lending by its branch in Cambodia.
- Assisting and advising foreign bank and its subsidiary in Cambodia for its provisions of loan facilities in Cambodia, legal compliance, review of various forms/applications and other general advices.
- Assisted foreign bank in relation to reviewing finance documents with outstanding amount of US$ 31 million, drafting security confirmation, drafting of legal opinion with regards to
continuing validity of Cambodian security documents, collation and confirmation of condition precedents under Cambodia.
- Assisted and advised foreign bank in relation to reviewing Singapore law facility agreement with US$ 7 million financing for compliancewith Cambodian law, drafting security
documents, and filing notice of security interest with Secured Transaction Filing Office of Ministry of Commerce (SeTFO).
- Assisted foreign investors to set up a subsidiary, representative office and branch in Cambodia.
- Acting for and advised foreign investor on due diligence in acquiring a factory
that obtained Qualified Investment Project (“QIP”) from Council for the Development of Cambodia (“CDC”).
- Assisted local and foreign investors in acquiring ownership of a hotel and restaurant in Cambodia and registered with governmental authorities.
- Assisted and advised local and foreign investors in acquiring land ownership,
long-term lease land for 50 years, and registered with relevant governmental authorities.
- Assisted local and foreign client to draft sale and purchase agreement of land.
- Represented Cambodia team to the International Commercial Arbitration Moot in Hong Kong
- Acting as a counsel representing a client in a large scale commercial dispute.