1710 Eastern Harbour Centre, 28 Hoi Chak
Street, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
- Sep 1977 - June 1980: Harvard University, AB (Economics)
- Oct 1980 - June 1982: Cambridge University, BA (Law) (admitted to MA status January 1986)
- Oct 1982 - June 1983: Cambridge University, LLM
- Oct 1983 - Dec 1987: Cambridge University, PhD (Law). Dissertation: "English and French Approaches to Hindu and Islamic Law in Southern India: 1700-1850"
International Judge, Singapore International Commercial Court
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow, Hong Kong Institute of Arbitrators
- Overseas Bencher, Inner Temple
- Jan 2015 – Present: International Judge, Singapore International Commercial Court
- Formerly Judge, Court of First Instance, Hong Kong
- Oct 2012 – Sep 2018: Professor of Legal Practice, Hong Kong University
- Apr 2013 – Jul 2017: Representative, Regional Office Asia Pacific, Hague Conference on Private International Law
- Sep 2003 - Sep 2012: High Court Judge (in charge of the Construction and Arbitration List (2004-8), of the Commercial and Admiralty Lists (2008-12)), Hong Kong Judiciary
- Jun 1989 - Aug 2003: Barrister, Temple Chambers
- Jun 1988 - Jun 1989: Pupil, Temple Chambers, Hong Kong
- Jun 1986 - Jun 1988: Law Lecturer, Hong Kong University
- 淺談新民事司法訴訟 (Reflections on Civil Procedure under Civil Justice Reform) (Sunny Chan, trans.), Joint Publishing (HK) Co. Ltd., March 2012.
- 淺談香港仲裁法 (How to be an Arbitrator - A Personal View) (Sunny Chan, trans.), Joint Publishing (HK) Co. Ltd, June 2013.
- The Practice of International Commercial Arbitration: A Handbook for Hong Kong Arbitrators (Routledge, 2018).
- Reyes and Gu eds., The Developing World of Arbitration: A Comparative Study of Arbitration Reform in the Asia Pacific, (Hart, 2018).
- Reyes ed., Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Judgments in Civil and Commercial Matters (Studies in Private International Law: Asia, vol. I), (Hart, 2019).
- Book review, Sir Orby Mootham, The East India Company’s Sadr Courts: 1801-1834.  Cambridge Law Journal
- Book review, MacKenzie and Phillips. A Practical Approach to Land Law. (1987) 17 Hong Kong Law Journal
- Case note. Conflict of Laws. “The ADHIGUNA MERANTI”. (1988) 18 Hong Kong Law Journal
- “Shipping Law” in Halkyard and Smart eds, Trade and Investment Law in Hong Kong (Butterworths Asia: 1993).
- Book review. Byrnes, Chan and Edwards eds, Hong Kong Public Law Reports1: 1991. (1994) 24 Hong Kong Law Journal 152.
- “On Two Suggested Alternatives to the Rule in Hadley v Baxendale”. (2008) 38 Hong Kong Law Journal 347.
- Book review. Cameron and Kelly, Principles and Practice of Civil Procedure in Hong Kong. (2009) 28 Civil Law Quarterly
- “from Uncommon Asian Laws to a Ius Commune”. (2010) 40 Hong Kong Law Journal 805.
- “The Application of Hong Kong Equitable Remedies to Contracts Governed by Mainland Law”, (2014) 20 Trusts & Trustees 325.
- “ASEAN and the Hague Conventions”, (2014) 22 Asia Pacific Law Review 25.
- “The Future of the Judiciary: Reflections on Present Challenges to the Administration of Justice in Hong Kong”, (2014) 44 Hong Kong Law Journal 429.
- “The Hague Conference on Private International Law in the Asia Pacific”, (2015) 114 Kokusaiho Gaiko Zassi (Journal of International Law and Diplomacy) 27.
- “Recognition and Enforcement of Interlocutory and Final Judgments of the Singapore International Commercial Court”, (2015) 2 Journal of International and Comparative Law 337.
- “The Performance Interest in Hong Kong Contract Law” in Chen-Wishart, Loke and Ong eds, Studies in the Contract Laws of Asia I: Remedies for Breach of Contract (Oxford, 2016).
- “Potential and Problems in Hong Kong and the Philippines Acceding to the CISG” in Schwenzer and Spagnolo eds, Growing the CISG: 6th MAA Schlechtriem CISG Conference” (Eleven International Publishing, The Hague, 2016).
- "Cross-Border Insolvency and Shipping Companies",  Lloyd's Maritime and Commercial Law Quarterly 517.
- “The Business of International Dispute Resolution”, (2017) 4 Journal of International and Comparative Law 69.
- "FDI in the Philippines and the Pitfalls of Economic Nationalism" in Nottage and Chaisse eds, International Investment Treaties and Arbitration Across Asia (Brill, 2018).
- Book review. Liang Zhao and Lianjun Li, Maritime Law and Practice in China. (2018) 48 HKLJ 783.
- “Proof of Foreign Law in International Commercial Arbitrations”,  Shanghai International Arbitration Review 166.
- “Anticipatory Breach in Charterparties”, Tetley Lecture 2018, (2018) 43 Tulane Maritime Law Journal 1.
- “Sovereign Immunity, Domestic Immunity and State-Owned Enterprises”, January  Journal of the Malaysian Judiciary 46.