#29, St. 294, Sangkat Tonle Bassac,
Khan Chamkarmorn, Phnom Penh.
855) 12 817 817
Youdy is currently the President of the National Commercial Arbitration Centre of Cambodia (NCAC). He has been involved with arbitration in Cambodia and NCAC since the early stages of the development of the sector. He was among the first generation commercial arbitrators admitted to the NCAC panel and was one of the Centre’s founding board members. He also sat on the NCAC’s Appointment Committee which is entrusted to decide on arbitrators’ appointment and jurisdictional challenges related matters. In addition, Youdy is a Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (SIArb) since 2015.
Some of Youdy’s notable arbitration related works include acting for an international construction company to successfully enforce a foreign arbitration award in Cambodia under the New York Convention; sitting as an arbitrator in a construction dispute; and acting as lead counsel in an arbitration proceeding relating to a dispute arising out of a public infrastructure project. He had also been engaged to provide expert opinion on the Cambodian law aspect in relation to an investment arbitration dispute under ICSID as well as a commercial arbitration case administered by an international arbitration centre.
At Bun & Associates, Youdy co-lead various practice groups, namely Banking & Finance, Corporate and M&A, Dispute Resolution, Telecom & New Technology, and Oil & Mining. He has a wide range of clientele consisting of large financial institutions, foreign EXIM banks, fund managers, ministries and foreign and international development agencies.
Youdy has been consistently ranked a top tier lawyer in Cambodia by IFLR 1000, Legal500, Chambers & Partners; and won numerous awards for legal practice in Cambodia including 2019 Practitioner of Year and 2020 Client Excellent Award by Asialaw. Most recently, he was named in Asia Best Lawyers 2020 by International Financial Law Review.
Youdy serves the private sector business community through his role as the Secretary-General of the European Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia (Eurocham). He is also active in social pro bono work and is a founding board member of Teach for Cambodia, an NGO whose mission is to work with the public and private sectors to build new sources of talent for the public education sector and its broader context.
Education and Professional Membership
- Bachelor of Public Law from Royal University of Law and Economics, Cambodia
- Bachelor of Private Law from University of Lyon II, France
- Maitrise of Private Law from University of Lumiere Lyon II, France
- Master of Business Law from University of Jean Moulin Lyon III, France
- Visiting Scholar at University of Michigan Law School, United States of America
- Former Secretary General of the Bar Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia
- One of the first commercial arbitrators admitted to the National Commercial Arbitration Centre (NCAC)
- Founding executive board member of the NCAC
- Consistently ranked as a leading lawyer (First Tier) in Cambodia by IFLR 1000, Legal 500, Asialaw, and Chambers & Partners
- Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (SIArb)
- President at the National Commercial Arbitration Centre
- A Partner at Bun&Associates
- Secretary General of the European Chamber of Commerce (EuroCham) in Cambodia
- Arbitrator in a construction-related dispute at the NCAC and joint counsel in relation to an arbitral dispute connected to the construction of public infrastructure.
- Acted for an international construction company to enforce foreign arbitral awards in Cambodia under the New York Convention.
- Panel lawyer for numerous foreign banks operating in Cambodia.
- Assisted a large Japanese electronics manufacturer with their USD 65 Million investment project establishing the first electronic large scale mass-production facility in the country.
- Counsel to one of Cambodia’s largest conglomerates on the acquisition of a USD 60 million Turn-Key Brewery plant and joint venture to establish a large cement plant.
- Expertise includes project finance, off-shore financing, and other complex financial products and provide advice to some of the largest financial institutions and securities firms in Asia relating to their business expansion and entry strategies into Cambodia.
Khmer/ English/ French