BUN Youdy (Mr.)
No.29, St. 294, Sangkat Tonle Bassac,
Khan Chamkarmorn, Phnom Penh.
855) 12 817 817
Education and Professional Membership
- Bachelor of Public Law from Royal University of Law and Economics, Cambodia
- Bachelor of Private Law from University of Lyon II, France
- Maitrise of Private Law from University of Lumiere Lyon II, France
- Master of Business Law from University of Jean Moulin Lyon III, France
- Visiting Scholar at University of Michigan Law School, United States of America
- Former Secretary General of the Bar Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia
- One of the first commercial arbitrators admitted to the National Commercial Arbitration Centre (NCAC)
- Founding executive board member of the NCAC
- Consistently ranked as a leading lawyer (First Tier) in Cambodia by IFLR 1000, Legal 500, Asialaw, and Chambers & Partners
- Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (SIArb)
- President at the National Commercial Arbitration Centre
- A Partner at Bun&Associates
- Secretary General of the European Chamber of Commerce (EuroCham) in Cambodia
- Arbitrator in a construction-related dispute at the NCAC and joint counsel in relation to an arbitral dispute connected to the construction of public infrastructure.
- Acted for an international construction company to enforce foreign arbitral awards in Cambodia under the New York Convention.
- Panel lawyer for numerous foreign banks operating in Cambodia.
- Assisted a large Japanese electronics manufacturer with their USD 65 Million investment project establishing the first electronic large scale mass-production facility in the country.
- Counsel to one of Cambodia’s largest conglomerates on the acquisition of a USD 60 million Turn-Key Brewery plant and joint venture to establish a large cement plant.
- Expertise includes project finance, off-shore financing, and other complex financial products and provides advice to some of the largest financial institutions and securities firms in Asia relating to their business expansion and entry strategies into Cambodia.
Khmer and English