Kronenburg Edmund Jerome
Arbitrator ID: 054
Phone Contact: (65) 9785 8442
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Education and Professional Membership
- An advocate & Solicitor (Singapore), Solicitor (England & Walse)
- Received his LL.B (Hons) degree from the National University of Singapore in 1996
- A fellow of CIArb, SIArb, MIArb, AMINZ, HKIArb, PIArb
- Been admitted to AIAC / KLRCA (Malaysia), BANI (Indonesia), BDAC (Brunei), CAA (Taiwan), HKIAC (Hong Kong), IIAM (India), NCAC (Cambodia), PDRC (Philippines), IMA (Russia), SCCA (Saudi Arabia), SIArb (Singapore), TAI (Thailand), VIAC (Vietnam), and VLCAC (Vietnam)
- Been appointed Sole Arbitrator by SIAC, and in Ad-Hoc Arbitrations by the Appointing Authority under the Singapore International Arbitration Act
- Been appointed Presiding Arbitrator in various Vietnam-seated arbitrations at the VIAC, and a party-nominated arbitrator in an Indonesian-seated arbitration at BANI
- Began his career at Drew & Napier in 1996
- Managing Partner of Braddell Brothers LLP
- Has over 20 years’experience in dispute resolution, litigation and arbitration, regularly apprearing as lead counsel in hearings, trials and appeals before the Singapore courts, as well as in international arbitrations.
- Main areas of practice include Commercial Litigation & Arbitration, Pre-emptive & Emergency Relief (e.g. Worldwide Mareva Injunctions / Freezing Injunctions), Medical Negligence & Misconduct and Corporate Insolvency.
- Appeared opposite various Senior Counsel since 2006, and successfully against Queen’s Counsel in the Singapore High Court in July 2012.
- Previleged to be an invited Honorary Overseas Member of both COMBAR (Commercial Bar Association), England and the Chancery Bar Association, England
- Received repeated recognition in the Legal 500, Chambers & Partners, AsiaLaw Leading Lawyers and Best Lawyers guides
- Been variously described by the Legal 500 as “aggressive”, “articulate”, “good strategist”, “trusted confidant”, “good advocate”, “best in class”, “[a] very practical and smart lawyer”, having a “flair for arbitration”, and providing “great, practical, no-nonsense advice in international arbitrations”.
- Chambers & Partners (Asia Pacific) has quoted one source as saying that “Edmund has the ability to think beyond the conventional and has brilliant ideas in terms of legal strategy”
English, German, Malay and Bahasa Indonesia