Johnny Tan Cheng Hye
Arbitrator ID: 053
Phone Contact: (65) 6254 3611
(65) 9666 2840
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Education and Professional Membership
- Obtained the first degree of Architecture from University of Western Australia under Colombo Plan Scholarship
- A Registered Architect with the Board of Architects, Singapore
- Obtained a Graduate Certificate in International Arbitration from National University of Singapore
- Pursued his interest in mediation with Singapore Mediation Centre where he attended the Mediation Accreditation of Industry Professional.
- Amongst the first batch of Accredited Adjudicators under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act scheme for resolution of payment disputes in the construction industry
- On the panel of several arbitration centres including SIAC, SIArb, KLRCA, HKIAC, DIAC, SCIA, LCIA, IIAM, SIA, NCAC
- An Independent Arbitrator, Adjudicator, and Mediator
- Has more than 30 years of work experience as an arbitrator, adjudicator, and mediator
- Has been appointed as arbitrator in over 100 cases in both international and domestic institutional as well as Ad Hoc arbitrations.
- Has been appointed as adjudicator as well as review adjudicator in several adjudication applications under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act scheme for construction disputes in Singapore
- Acted as mediator in over 60 cases where his success rate in achieving a mediation settlement is around 90%
- The Board of Govenors of Singapore Polytechnic and chairs the School of Architecture and the Built Environment Advisory Committee and the Admin and Development Committee
- Chairman of the SP International Board
- A Speaker on construction and dispute resolution at both local and international conferences and seminars
- Conduct specialized training in these areas for government agencies, professional associations and the private sector both in Singapore and Overseas.