Arbitrator ID: 010
Phone Contact: (855) 95 555 817
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Address: #29, St. 294, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamcarmorn, Phnom Penh
Education and Professional Membership
- One of the first selected commercial arbitrators in Cambodia
- A member of NCAC and a fellow of a SIArb
- Assisted the team that drafted the Internal Rules and Arbitration Rules of the NCAC
- Currently the Vice-President of Executive Board of the NCAC
- Admitted to the Bar Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia
- A qualified Trademark Agent in Cambodia, registered with the Ministry of Commerce, a member of Intellectual Property Association of Cambodia (IPAC), ASEAN Intellectual Property Association (SEAN IPA), Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA), and the Law Association for Asia and the Pacific (LAWASIA)
- Hold Doctor of Law from Japan
- Commercial Arbitrator admitted with NCAC
- Partner at Bun & Associates
- Adjunct Law Professor/Assistant Dean, Faculty of Law and Public Affairs, Pannasastra University of Cambodia (PUC)
- Co-lead the dispute resolution and corporate practice groups and lead the Intellectual Property practice group at Bun & Associates
- Acted as joint-counsel in relation to a dispute connected to the construction of public infrastructure.
- Assisted numerous clients in organizing their dispute resolution strategies across a variety of types of dispute.
- Has extensive legal background and strong experience in market entry and investmenr, business establishment, corporate governance and compliance, corporate restructuring, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Advised Malaysian financial group to sell 100% of the shares that it held in a commercial bank in Cambodia.
- Recently advised a major Japanese Bank in the acquisition of substantial stake of shares in the largest commercial bank in Cambodia
- Has particular expertise practicing in Intellectual Property and provide and support for the protection, commercialization, and enforcement of Intellectual Property rights to a wide range of right holders in various sectors.
- Has taught various business-law related subjects, including corporate and Intellectual Property law within and outside Cambodia
- Published articles on Cambodian Intellectual Property Law
- Acted as a legal adviser for international organizations by assisting the Ministry of Commerce of Cambodia in drafting competition law and the law on food safety and the Ministry of Health of Cambodia in drafting food safety regulations and the law concerning public health and intellectual property.
Khmer, English, French, and Japanese